Our Client is DR Studios who have been making games for 505 games. They are currently working on a large scale Sci-Fi shooter for console and PC. DR Studios has been established for over 20 years bringing out projects on console and mobile. They are looking to expand the team for the current project hoping to bring on top-talent to take the game to the next level.
DR Studios, a well-established developer of free-to-play games for console and mobile, is looking for a senior programmer to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with world class game developers on an original city-building strategy game in a highly creative environment. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and work on all aspects of game code and engineering tasks within the studio, with support from an experienced team of programmers as well as other disciplines.
- Developing games for chart topping console and PC titles.
- Implementation of well designed, structured, game code in C#.
- Drive development and take ownership of a variety of systems, such as graphics, gameplay, UI and AI.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Creating simple solutions to complex problems.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team, contributing to all phases of the development cycle.
- Delivering projects that can scale from soft launch conditions to global release success.
- Supporting live games operations, especially around crucial events.
- 4+ years’ professional experience in game development with a number of shipped titles.
- Professional development experience of C/C++/C# languages and frameworks.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code bases.
- Experience with user-generated content and data driven systems.
- Strong team player, eager to learn and share with others.
- Experience working with the Unity game engine.
- Experience working on city-building or real-time strategy games.
- A good degree or equivalent level study in Computer Science.
- Professional development experience on console platforms.
- Wide understanding of game technologies including gameplay, graphics and networking.
- An understanding of console submission requirements.
- An understanding of the F2P games market.
- A passion for playing games, particularly simulation and strategy.
- Experience of live games operations in the market at scale.