Our Client is DR Studios who have been making games for 505 games. They are currently working on a large scale Sci-Fi shooter for console and PC. DR Studios has been established for over 20 years bringing out projects on console and mobile. They are looking to expand the team for the current project looking to bring on top talent to take the game to the next level.
You've shipped Unreal Engine games, each time noting new and novel ways of leveraging the engine. You're itching to help an ambitious project using your insight to create something remarkable. Novel and efficient content-creation pipelines are what keep you up at night because they're so cool! You've worked with all the different aspects of game development, and you're looking for the opportunity to put it all together to make a great FPS.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support and educate everyone on available Unreal features.
- Work closely with designers and other team members to create and improve gameplay systems.
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
- Drive development and take ownership in a variety of systems such as character construction within the engine, effective content-creation pipelines, and excellent use of Simplygon.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems.
- User support for all the Unreal tools.
Essential experience to be considered for this role:
- Shipped at least one UE4 based game.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with Unreal Engine.
Additional skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Experience implementing animation sets and skeletons.
- Experience with creating novel and efficient art pipelines and supporting content creators.
- Experience developing with Simplygon on PS4 & Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7 years software engineering experience.
- Strong C++ skills.
- Know where Blueprints are great, and where it needs to be in C++.
- Relentlessly optimistic.
- Constructively voices ideas and opinions to the team.
- Really understands how communication is most valuable.
- Finds cross-discipline collaboration to be energizing and stimulating.
- Coaches less-experienced engineers to assist them in skill development.