They are ideally looking for a senior-level programmer, however applications from strong programmers will be considered
- Maintain and develop the vehicle, script, physics, AI and character animation systems.
- Maintain and develop the editor integration and Maya exporters for these systems.
- Quickly fix any crash bugs for the above systems.
- Provide technical support to other programming, art and animation teams.
- Provide solutions to technical problems within your areas of expertise.
- Minimise platform specific or special case code.
- Maximise re-use of code.
- Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs.
- Ensure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Debugging difficult problems.
- Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
- Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
- Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
- Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies
- Provide coaching to Programmers and Junior Programmer where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or related subject.
- Demonstrably fluent in Object Oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- A passion for games and solving the technical problems they present.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, 3d geometry, quaternions).
- A highly motivated team-player with the ability to dive in, understand code and learn quickly.
- Knowledge and experience with either Vehicle simulation/ Physics engines / AI algorithms and middleware / Procedural Animation or IK systems.