This company is responsible for some of the biggest game titles in the industry, if you would like the chance to work at this amazing AAA company then give the short spec below of responsibilities, skills and desirable skills and get your CV across to me today!
- Collaborate with all departments in the team to create innovative and memorable levels;
- Understand the role of narrative in creating immersive experiences for discerning players;
- Drive the vision of your levels through all stages of the development, from initial design brief through to final shipped product;
- Plan, execute, and refine your levels from high-level concept to low-level scripting;
- Use player-feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience.
- Share past experience to mentor and develop less experienced members of the level design team
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Shipped at least one AAA console title as a level designer;
- Excellent understanding of scripting and game logic;
- Experience in scripting/level building in one or more current generation engines (UE4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.);
- An understanding of learning curves, pacing, and player motivations;
- An ability to weave narrative themes with core mechanics to build rewarding gameplay;
- An ability to propose creative solutions to complex level design problems;
- An in-depth knowledge of current games and gaming trends;
- A passion for making great games.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Shipped a AAA title using UE3/4;
- Knowledge of UE4 Blueprint Scripting;
- Experience in 3D modelling (3DS Max, Maya);
- Experience in designing levels for story-driven FPS.