I am on the lookout for a Senior/Lead Network Programmer to work in a top studio in Cambridge on one of the next biggest AAA games. The studio is a multi BAFTA winner and is starting a new project this year that is predicted to be one of the biggest hits of 2018.
If you’re a great enthusiast of developing networked and online components of game projects, advising gameplay and content teams of good network process this could be the role for you. The role involves you help maintain the network of the studio and being proactive when helping with problem solving.
This is above the industry salary range and the Studio is willing to pay expensive benefit packages for the right candidate with relocation included.
- C++ Knowledge
- Understanding gaming platforms and their requirements.
- A good understanding of game technology
- Broad range and experience of full network stack and low level UDP.
- Willingness to help on all levels of the network.
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
- Understanding anti cheat solutions
- Experience of Unreal Engine would be a plus
- A decent understanding of game technology principles
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- To be proactive and helpful with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be detail oriented with an extremely high bar for the quality of delivery.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast paced, high volume, high-pressure environment.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience working in fast-moving development environments; needs to be flexible to cope with changing requirements.
- Private Health Care & dental care.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Annual performance bonus scheme.
- World class training speakers hosted on-site.
- Access to multiple online training websites.
- Long-service holiday reward.
- Monthly team meals/outings.
- State of the art office with the entire 150+ team in 1 open-plan room.