- 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist or related art role, working on at least one AAA title.
- Experience of 3D modelling, and artist workflows including texturing
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high quality artwork suitable for games.
- Indepth understanding and practical experience of a physically based material pipeline
- Good knowledge of node based shader editors and/or HLSL experience
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine is essential
- Indepth knowledge of modern lighting models, and how they affect shader creation
- Optimising shaders and advising art on how to further optimise assets and other content to fit within the technical limitations of the target platforms.
- Identify pipeline, workflow & build problems, solve them or work with teams to mitigate impact on the final product.
- Working closely and proactively with the art and tech team to improve workflows and processes
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as Lighting, VFX, Engineering and Design to create a AAA game experience.
- Help define new art workflows and identify industry trends/Best practices.
- Lead research efforts to define and maintain art production pipelines and workflows.
- Mentor and help teams in cross discipline work, ensuring best practices are followed.
- Be the point of contact between team members to drive cross department collaboration.
- Exposure to C++ and/or Python scripting
- Good knowledge of Houdini & procedural content creation.
- Good understanding of 3D math.
- Knowledge of high polygon sculpting tools, such as Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat and the asset baking process.
- Experience with Substance Designer & Painter.