I am currently on the lookout for a top Senior Development Experience Designer to join a highly successfully team in building a fresh, powerful and fun technical products for mobile developers.
The studios Developer Experience Designers are responsible for designing how users interact with our software. Developer Experience Designers are expected to consider each project holistically, incorporating user requirements, business needs, technical constraints, and brand aspirations, to design user flows down to the finest details.
Due to the technical nature of the studios developer products, designers need to be familiar with and passionate about products for technical customers. Designers must be adept at distilling complexity into clean, simple, and opinionated user interfaces that place the user’s needs at the core of the design.
The successful candidate will be eager to lead the design of projects from writing the initial brief with stakeholders, through advising engineering on design implementation and iteratively evolving the design. They will be experienced at working closely with visual designers, user researchers, developers and other designers to improve existing products, and bring exciting new projects to life. The person we are looking for will be a strong communicator, able to share their knowledge and insight with both stakeholders and other members of the design team.
60% Technical UX design
10% Visual refinement of UX designs (‘UI Design’)
20% Support engineering with design implementation
10% Team collaboration and design review
- Capture project design requirements from Product Managers, Engineers and User Researchers, distill into a design brief and then agree the brief with all stakeholders.
- Utilize your expertise in UX design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both user needs.
- Provide sketches, wireframes, information architectures, prototypes, user flows (use cases, activity diagrams), and non-functional specifications for visual designers and implementation teams as appropriate.
- Clearly and systematically manage design scope in a timely fashion to facilitate progress and ensure that delivered designs are implementable within constraints.
- Review and validate work with peers, stakeholders and users throughout the UX design process, maintaining communication with key team members
- Experience developing mobile apps that use backend services
- General familiar with core developer concepts such as IDEs and version control
- Illustrator, Sketch, or equivalent UX/UI design tools
- Excellent written communication
Technical / Functional Skills
- App building (using Swift, Objective-C, Java, React Native, or Xamarin)
- UI Design
- Click-through prototyping
- Spec writing
- Ability to collaborate, pitch, argue, negotiate, and iterate on design remotely
- 5 years coding
- 8 years UX design
- A portfolio of technical design projects with supplementary technical evidence (e.g. a GitHub profile with code samples)