The ideal candidate should understand what the client's business needs are, for example, the history of the brand and what the client wants it to stand for now and in the future. They should have the ability to look for new business opportunities and ensure the client’s requirements are delivered within scope.
You should be aware of your own capabilities, strengths and development areas and use this understanding to seek feedback and information to develop performance.
Using search knowledge and understanding, the SEO Director needs to look for opportunities to integrate across the other disciplines such as Paid Search, Programmatic and Social Media.
- Review the owned media strategy and scope the deliverables necessary to meet the business objective
- Develop the implementation roadmap and agree with client and internal client teams
- Setup benchmarks and articulate purpose and KPIs with the client
- Manage the execution of the deliverables globally or through the Regional hubs
- Work with internal client leadership teams to understand the client’s brand audience and creative assets
- Work with the client to understand the digital asset priority and content plans
- Oversee and manage tasks of account managers within the team
- Proactively support senior members of the team with new business
- Attend client meetings, provide outstanding levels of client service to all team clients in a proactive manner
- Ensure you hit deadlines and manage clients work flows and tasks for all search related work
- Demonstrated experience in SEO and Asset Optimisation
- Demonstrated experience in team management
- Demonstrated career management of account managers (minimum of 2 people)
- Preferred understanding of site analytics and tracking requirements
- Expert knowledge of on and off-page optimisation across owned platforms (websites, Youtube, video and social media)
- Integration of SEO with Paid media and Social activity
- Strong project management and organisational skills