Natural Search (SEO) Managers are leaders within the Search team, line managing up to 4 SEO Analysts. In this role, you will be responsible for creating advanced SEO strategies that are tailored for the client’s needs. You’ll be highly visible with our clients as the SEO lead strategist and the one that has the plan to deliver against their objectives.
Day to day:
- Creating enterprise level SEO strategies for our clients to deliver against client objectives
- Creating and briefing a pipeline of SEO tasks to develop an account with fresh ideas and thinking
- Leading client meetings and calls as the SEO lead on the account
- Keeping up to date with search news & sharing opinions on industry developments within the team and with clients, providing your viewpoint of changes
- Personal development of your team of analysts including 121s and the creation of Personal Development plans
- Mentoring your analysts to ensure that they develop a wealth of experience within SEO and Search
- Resolving personal and professional challenges that may occur within your team
- Providing top level insights to clients on current performance and areas to grow in the future
- Contributing to pitch material and, in some cases, attending pitches
- Leading training sessions as well as presenting case studies internally
- Work with a PPC counterpart either internally or at a third-party agency to drive Total Search results for our clients
Your skills and abilities
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a combination of leadership, strategic and problem solving strengths. Your core competence will be in understanding the dynamic SEO landscape – and knowing how to form an SEO strategy to maximise client results. You will be flexible in your approach and always searching for new solutions and new techniques.
- Proven team leader with the ability to mentor, assist and develop the analysts within your team
- Ability to create industry leading SEO strategies for our clients
- Experience of developing the ways of working and processes within an SEO team.
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimisation, content optimisation, link management, data analysis and SEO tools
- You’ll be an expert in advanced keyword research techniques such as question based searches, semantic search and search beyond just conversion point queries
- Experience of delivering SEO results for clients with your SEO strategies
- Have worked with PPC experts to develop overall search strategies to holistically benefit clients.
- Strong oral & written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ideally, you’ll be AdWords certified – to assist in the understanding all aspects of the search channel
- Ability to receive constructive feedback but also can give constructive feedback out other team members
- Confident public speaker with the ability to present both internally and to clients
- A strong grasp of many different third party SEO tools and analytics packages