Role & Responsibility
You will lead the SEO strategy for some of the most prestigious clients – household names with large ecommerce websites that demand a high level of SEO expertise. You will be responsible for devising your clients’ roadmaps and supporting your pod of Execs in delivering projects such as keyword analyses, technical audits, backlink analyses, competitor reviews, content audits and gap analyses. You will also be expected to deal with complex, ad-hoc SEO issues on a regular basis, liaising directly with clients who recognize you as knowledgeable, dependable, and authoritative.
Your team is comprised of bright and ambitious Execs, and we expect you to nurture that talent. You must be a master in the art of delegation, assigning work that both plays to their strengths and stretches their comfort zones. You will also conduct regular one-to-ones with your direct reports to keep their development on track, and collaborate with the other Senior Consultants to devise and maintain team training initiatives.
Research & Development
You will be responsible for keeping the SEO proposition at the cutting edge of the industry. We expect to see you harnessing your thirst for knowledge and carving out regular time in your schedule to test, research and experiment, using your findings to develop new tools and methodologies on a regular basis.
Qualification & Skills Requirements
- A thorough understanding of both on- and off-page SEO and a desire and ability to learn and absorb new skills
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Enough experience of delivering SEO and line management to hit the ground running from your first day
- Excellent Excel skills and a high standard of written and spoken English
- Pride in your work and a readiness to take initiative
- An in-depth understanding of how search engines work and of advanced SEO strategies and techniques
- Professionalism: be punctual, presentable and have a friendly and outgoing demeanour
- A commitment to a career in search
- Strong project management, client management and presentation skills
- Confidence with numbers and budgets, and a commercial approach to projects using budgets creatively
- An ability to quickly build excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong working knowledge of the most common SEO tools and analytics suites