The SEO Senior Account Manager is responsible for the oversight of SEO client accounts with a focus on performance, communication and coordination. The SEO Senior Account Manager acts as the primary point of contact between the client/account managers and the SEO team, managing the overall direction of the campaign and ensuring specialist resource is allocated based on the agreed strategy.
Looking at the “bigger picture”, the SEO Senior Account Manager works closely with SEO Strategy, Content, Technical and Digital PR to bring together the right mix of specialism and expertise to drive client campaigns forwards.
As a senior member of the SEO team, the SEO Senior Account Manager sets the example for junior team members in approach and work delivery, mentoring and assisting in the training and development of team members
- Act as the campaign gatekeeper, ensuring all campaign work undertaken is driving towards client’s overall business aim
- Act as primary point of contact for client and client servicing on accounts
- Lead client meetings/calls with support from senior/junior team members as required
- Determine monthly account resource requirements with support from Head of SEO
- Schedule work from SEO pillars in alignment with task scoping, client priorities and workflows
- Working with SEO Strategy, ensure each client has a defined strategy
- Ensure each client has a search landscaping document
- With support from SEO Strategy and Head of SEO as required, create forecasts for clients
- Create client reports in line with reporting schedule
- Ensure all client deliverables are on time and in scope
- Monitor client performance weekly and feedback to team on movement
- Collaborate with other channels to deliver maximum impact
- Have a good head for numbers and data, understanding performance and trends across client’s KPIs and objectives.
- Ability to report on the effectiveness of campaigns and to assess the impact of all activity undertaken.
- Strong client communication skills, you will act as the point of contact across some accounts, and will be involved in all weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings.
- Some experience with sales, with a view to grow these skills and become a driver of increased monthly and project revenue.
- Managing your own time will come as second nature, a structured approach to managing your own time and executive’s time will result in effective campaigns.
- Having a good understanding of technical, targeting and outreach elements of SEO will be key to creating an effective approach.
- Competency with excel, GA, search console, screaming frog, and other common SEO tools.