Creative Personnel are honoured to offer this brilliant opportunity to work with one of the most illustrious video game studios in London. Our client have a dedicated team full of drive, passion and creativity. If you are someone who enjoys being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company then this is the perfect opportunity for you. The Lead Server Programmer will have a broad range of talents; leading by setting an example within their team, whilst serving as a focal point for communication with the other teams contributing to the project. The perfect candidate will have both excellent technical and managerial skills. Furthermore, you willimplement optimal production methods, processes and tools to ensure the attainment of production objectives. Finally you will foster a strong quality-focused culture on the project to build a high-performing team.
As Lead Server Programmer you will be responsible for building a new server team. Reporting directly to the CTO the responsibilities for the role include designing and implementing the backend for our new exciting projects as well as keeping the current backend up to date. The ideal candidate will have extensive commercial experience in a similar role preferable in the mobile games industry.
In addition our client offers a whole host of benefits which include; Flexible office working hours, Beer & Wine fridge, Training Budgets, Private Healthcare and many more!
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
- Act as the key technical point of contact for their project
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development
- Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project
- Evaluate the fitness of internal or external third party middleware in relation to projects
- Contribute to knowledge of best coding practices
- Conduct regular and constructive code reviews
- Setup a process to review solutions, both during development and operations, to identify areas of improvement.
- Work with their team to create and maintain a strong set of technical documents.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of solutions, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- Accurately estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meet them.
- Be accountable to the Technical Director in delivering technologies to other groups
- Support the Technical Director in technology-related tasks.
- A degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience of programming in either java or node.js environments
- 1+ years of relevant experience as a team lead on a SaaS project
- Implemented and maintained a SaaS solution serving at least 1 million users, operational for at least 1 year.
- Designs solutions anticipating both complexity and cost in scaling
- Proficient in usage of AWS; including EC2, EB, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, etc.
- Knowledge of redis or alternative technology
- Proven strengths in debugging problems in multi-instance server environments
- Capable of identifying performance bottlenecks and implementing optimisations
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Familiarity with source control solutions, such as git or perforce
- Lead a team in an agile environment
- Excellent English language skills: verbal and written
- Experience gathering requirements from client teams and explaining server technologies to them
- Conversant with C#, especially in the context of Unity3D
- Familiarity with shell scripting or python
- Exposure to CI pipelines, especially with Jenkins
- Worked on client/server architecture on a game project