Services Engineer - World Class Games Studio - £300+ pd
|Salary:||£330 - £380 per day|
|Contact Number:||0203 216 2586|
I am on the lookout for a Services Engineer to help work on a world class AAA game with a world class team at a top AAA studio.
Responsible for design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, and deployment processes to support customer-facing applications. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application to support console and multi-screen end points. Delivering services with a high quality bar is crucial, and demonstrated skills in creating and supporting technology to test quality at scale will be crucial.
- Analyse feature designs and devise technical solutions
- Develop deployment process and mechanisms
- Develop and implement stress testing plans and technologies
- Work with project leads to design, implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services in support of public-facing online applications
- Work closely with design and production teams to realize application functionality
- Make architectural recommendations for performance and stability and security
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience building online services for web or game applications.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience architecting scalable server solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting applications on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices, experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies a plus.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience writing C# code.
- Well-developed understanding of object oriented design principles and ability to meaningfully communicate their usage.
- Experience with modern web technologies.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models.
- Experience with Pub/Sub messaging systems (Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Passion for web and mobile technology.
- Passion for games
BENEFITS IN BRIEF:
World class studio
BAFTA Award winning
Generous holiday allowances
If you are a passionate Services Engineer this role will suit you perfectly, so don't delay in applying get in touch.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's