As a Shader/Tools Programmer you will be part of a dedicated and dynamic team developing high quality mobile social games targeted at the top of the grossing and download charts. Reporting to the Game Producer, you will work closely with game Artist and Programmers to develop Shaders and the toolchains required.
You will need to be an experienced Shader/Tools Programmer who is self-motivated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work and you understand how to deliver a quality product. You have a passion for games and want to make games to be played by millions of people across the world.
Core Skills & Experience:
- Proven ability and experience with writing shaders optimised for mobile platforms or consoles.
- Proven ability and experience to produce quality tools (Maya preferred) pipelines for the Art team.
- Possess a strong portfolio that demonstrates shader and tools skills ideally on mobile platforms or consoles.
- Passion for shaders, tools and pipelines with a focus on future areas and trends.
- Experience at creating Custom Tools and Scripts
- Sound experience of Metal, Open GL or similar graphics APIs.
- Excellent technical skills to manage assets that fit memory, design, and frame rate limitations.
- An excellent attitude, positive mind-set and pro-active to any work completed.
- Ability to communicate and work with artists, coders & designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experience of iOS, Android or other mobile development.
- Experience of Unity, another C# game engine, or Unreal Engine.
- Experience within a mobile gaming environment is a distinct advantage.
- Experience implementing efficient Rigs for Characters / Vehicles. Character skinning and physics simulation setup.