Social and Community Manager - Video Games
|Job Title:||Social and Community Manager - Video Games|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary for 3-5+ years relevant experience|
|Contact Name:||Andy Phillips|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2019 14:05|
This is a truly exciting role for a Social and community manager to join a strong marketing team of a top video games publisher.
The Social and Community Manager is responsible for the maintenance and growth of social and owned channels from announcement through to post launch; manage relationships with influencers and define a strategy to help grow and take content beyond the core community; manage external relationships with Community Managers including Xbox, PlayStation, Fanatec and build content plans that can be amplified across partner channels; write blog posts and channel websites to align announcements across all platforms.
You will work closely with the studios to learn about the games and establish key spokespeople for video content across all relevant channels. You will identify community issues/talking points and offer consultancy on best course of action. This role enjoys a lot of autonomy but requires someone who can work as part of a team.
• Manage, develop and grow the company’s presence across, YouTube (biggest priority), Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and emerging Social Media platforms (brand and game pages) – be at the forefront of change
• Implement influencer network. Create content opportunities across all titles
• Develop and execute strategies to engage influencers including YouTubers and Twitch streamers, maintaining current relationships and forging new partnerships
• Manage and execute community-facing initiatives including livestreams, developer diaries/updates and competitions
• Write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and materials for social media channels
• Create strategic plans and recommend and implement new community features as appropriate
• Develop, coach and train social team. Maintain team motivation and productivity
• Establish KPIs for both team and titles. Monitor and measure the success of community engagement and provide reports for executives.
• Identify and report on community trends to internal teams and advise on potential opportunities or risks.
Solid experience in community management social media and forums
• Passion for social media and understanding of how to engage and grow channels
• Excellent in-depth understanding of all relevant social media platforms
• Ongoing awareness and interest in trends across social media
• Great with people and good communication skills. Must be able to build new relationships
• Must be Computer literate (Microsoft Office products and Slack, Skype etc.)
• Knowledge of relevant sporting audiences and understanding of esports
• Interest in video games is essential.
• Experience with recording devices, sound equipment and live streaming software such as OBS.
• Basic knowledge of video editing software for editing of features, in-house documentaries and interviews.