As a Social Media Manager you will work both internally and with clients on creating viable strategies, reviewing client business plans and use of social media to help create and manage campaigns from inception to successful delivery.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the team on insights gathered from the community to continually increase overall performance.
- Work with Account management team to understand client business goals, requirements, and current marketing plans.
- Work with our clients and internal teams to develop campaigns and approaches that use social media to engage audiences. Brief and work with the creative team to bring ideas to life and achieve success.
- Reporting: Create regular performance reports for clients to improve the overall performance of the pages and further engage with communities.
- Research & Insights: Track community metrics to build project-based reports that summarise qualitative community insights, data on client projects, analyse the performance of campaigns and make recommendations on how clients can increase ROI.
- Brainstorm new creative ideas for encouraging engagement based on mined community insights.
- Moderation: Daily community management tasks include moderating social channels and managing account issues.
- Project Planning: Implement all community content per strategic planning calendar and maintain planning calendar with input from client and team.
- Quality Assurance: Load, test and proofread all community content before posting live to production.
- Forward-Focused: Monitor social media marketing and research trends, platforms and technologies.
Skills and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in social media marketing
- Experience analysing data, developing insights and research reports
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills, with an eye for proofreading
- Experience with Content Management Systems and content creation
- Internet and technology savvy with an understanding of blogs, social media channels and consumer communities
- Basic photo editing skills (Photoshop a plus)