Key Skills & Background:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills along with troubleshooting & Diagnostic skills
- Essential to have significant Service Desk management experience, with a real drive and passion for user experience, employee enoblement and continuous improvement and also the experience managing service desk teams of 20+ infrastructure engineers supporting 3500 end users
- Tolerance of stressful situations, and able to work under pressure
- An ability to lead and work within a team along with Coaching and/or Mentoring
- Good interpersonal skills and High Personal Standards
- High level of technical knowledge of Microsoft products
To Manage services and products supported by at least one of the following technologies:
- End user computing – including VDI, mobility, email collaboration, printing
- Networking and voice technologies – including Wi-Fi
- Virtualisation, storage and backup technologies
- Microsoft and UNIX technologies
Infrastructure Operations is about developing and delivering effective end user focused digital services. It requires strong leadership, relationship management, knowledge of service delivery and management.
- Maintain consistency between development and production environments.
- Ensuring all the Infrastructure services (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS), products and platforms you are accountable for are cost effectively operated and improved, Also Must ensure that:
- The configuration, availability, capacity and performance are managed to maximise value;
- Incidents, requests, changes and problems are owned and effectively managed;
- Drive through continuous improvement activities, aligned with evolving business needs;
- Risks are identified and effectively managed.
- Challenge existing processes in order to build agile and flexible platforms, services and products.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques, and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
- Lead and manage a team or teams deployed across projects, platforms or infrastructure support and maintenance activities.
About the Company:
The Company is committed to improving its product portfolio with a ‘digital first’ slogan. It aims to connect the company data with its users in innovative, creative and effective ways. They are looking for people to join the award-winning teams to lead the production of high quality statistical data information.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £47000 - 57000