The role will require attendance at regular marketing meetings (monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly) is a basic requirement of the job and therefore travel and overnight stays will be necessary. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in pro-actively generating, developing and growing business by sharing knowledge, ideas and experience. There will be hands on management of specific client accounts. It is also vital that the candidate understands the importance of enhancing and cultivating the client/agency relationship to safeguard the business in the future.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met, buying rates are competitive and that optimum working practice and ethics are maintained at all times
- Be actively involved in new business – from initial conversation, through to pitch process. The ability to write compelling, intelligent and balanced media proposals, recommendations and documents is essential.
- The successful candidate will be confident and comfortable in pitch situations and be happy to present media ideas in face to face environments to mixed audiences of varying numbers. An ability to reason across multiple media channels and recommend media in a positive and robust way whilst always maintaining a professional front and delivering proposals with context, passion and balance is essential.
- Successful new business pitches will require the successful candidate to see that the new win is fully integrated into the agency, either by hands on involvement or delegation.
- The desire to strive for media excellence and deliver the very best solutions, whilst being aware of the clients KPI’s and required ROI is essential.
- Understanding what constitutes a ’lead’ for a client, and the ability to produce reports which measure and monitor leads/conversions/CPA’s is a necessary part of the role.
- A mature understanding and working knowledge of the role that commonly used research tools play is require : TGI, Mediatel, Mintel, Nielsen, Hitwise.
- Strong Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Office skills are assumed.
- To act as a role model and source of information to the younger less experienced members of the team.