I am on the lookout for a talented Technical Artist to work at an expanding games studio on an exciting new game. The studio recently received a funding boost and is now looking to take on accomplished Technical Artists to expand their incredible high performance team.
In this role, you'll work with other top artists, developers, designers, programmers, testers and production members to create and develop technical features. If you're able to and figure out a way of implementing it into purposeful play then this is the ideal role for any talented technical artist.
As a Technical Artist you will work on improving the existing pipelines and developing new tools for the Art Team. You will have passion to make and work within a high performance team but also know how to get the best of difficult situations when dealing with high budget release.
- Creating / improving different scripts / pipelines for art asset production*
- Full support of the Perforce branch*
- Troubleshooting asset-related technical issues (3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)*
- Writing technical documentation*
- Providing guidance and assistance to the Art Groups where required*
- Coordinating with the other Studios within CIG to achieve project objectives*
- Working with the Art Groups and Programmers to effectively produce technically correct art content
- Making recommendations on how to improve both product quality and group productivity*
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop
- Passion for computer games
- Experience in creating art assets for PC games using 3DS Max/CryEngine/Maya
- Proficiency in MaxScript/MEL
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strong passion for making the best damn space sim ever
- Team player
- At least three years of relevant experience in the game development industry
- Self-driven, responsible and detail-oriented person
The studio is award winning with generous holiday allowances along with several bonus schemes and highly incentive packages.
The role is urgent, so don't delay in applying!
Contact me at hexelby @creativepersonnel.co.uk