Technical Director AAA Games
|Job Title:||Technical Director AAA Games|
|Salary:||Salary dependent on experience|
|Contact Name:||Robin Stallick|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2020 20:02|
Our client is a highly regarded and worldwide recognised independent Developer, they are looking for a Technical Director join the organisation.
There first title has a solid fan base with millions of active users and they are currently working on their highly anticipated sequel, due this they are needing to hire more gaming Professionals to join the organisation.
This is a great studio to work for highly creative, and fast paced if you come up with a good idea it can be implemented quickly in the game.
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development. Directors at our studio have a big influence on the decisions not just within their department but across the whole game and we’re looking for someone who wants to take a major part in the future of our games and studio.
You are an accomplished engineer that enjoys collaborating closely with the engineering team to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms. You enjoy collaborating with art, design, and production to understand the artistic vision for a game and identify the technology needed to realize and surpass that vision.
• Manage a team of engineers, their performance and career development
• Own the technological vision of the company and lead the development of the technologies and systems
• Collaborate with designers and directors and other departments to achieve the vision of the game
• Determine what technology and middleware is best suited for each project
• Oversee the programming process and support in maintaining sustainable workflows
• Ensure that each game is being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality and future code sharing between projects.
• Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a positive and ambitious team atmosphere
• Demonstrate good leadership, enthusiasm, and sense of commitment
• Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team
• Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio
• Identify and promote the application of technical best practices within the studio
• Maintain a strong understanding of multiplayer FPS games
• Proficiency in C++
• At least 7 years professional video game programming experience
• A strong and efficient communicator with excellent management skills
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
• Leadership experience
• A good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
• Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or other large engines
• Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C++ Engine Programmer AAA Games
C++ Junior Physics Programmer AAA Games
Senior UX Designer Games
AI Programmer Computer Games All Levels
Senior Gameplay Programmer