- Run the day-to-day operation of the agreed number of YouTube channels; proactively use YouTube optimisation and curation tools to create compelling brand experiences.
- Write copy relating to the videos programmed for the channels to either appear on the site or for use in promotion elsewhere. Devise and deploy optimal written metadata including titles and tags.
- Oversee the overall look and design of the channels and any other relevant visual metadata such as thumbnails.
- Respond to comments and messages posted on the sites, where appropriate and in line with Standards guidelines.
- Create and implement a schedule of when clips should be set live, in accordance with the editorial vision for the channels, an understanding of what video works on YouTube, required rights/holdback requirements, workflow issues, as well as other contractual obligations, and cross platform promotional and marketing campaigns.
- Ensure that before clips are published that they have appropriate rights clearances and other business metadata (e.g. Product IDs) are up to date and stored in the relevant databases.
- Work with the relevant producers / editors to ensure clips are suitable for publishing specifically on YouTube (including CTAs that make the most of the on-platform tools)
- Carry out basic edits to adapt material for the platform (when required)
Ability / Expertise
- Have the ability to generate ideas and concepts independently as well as working within a team.
- Have knowledge of working within a commercial environment and an understanding of delivering projects that are commercially viable.
- Be fluent in English and have proven writing skills with regards to both factual content (e.g. web copy & descriptions) as well as writing in a tone of voice for social media updates.
- Be computer literate and have at least a basic knowledge of working with spreadsheets and other core office software.
- Have an understanding of the broader digital landscape (outside of YouTube) and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications.
- Beginner / intermediate proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Beginner / intermediate proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro