The job-holder, reporting to the Head of SEO, will be part of the wider SEO and social team. Working closely with the creative teams, video production teams and local marketing teams as well as being highly integrated with all content planning functions, the YouTube Manager will define and implement an integrated, global YouTube prospect acquisition strategy in line with business goals.
- Defining and implementing an integrated, global YouTube prospect acquisition strategy in line with business goals across all YouTube channels, bearing different channel maturity levels and local market needs per country in mind.
- Analysing search behaviour, watch behaviour, content performance, and prospect acquisition in order to advise on channel content needs and generate ideas across different video formats.
- Creating production briefs for video, creative assets and copy required for the company's YouTube channels to drive audience development and engagement, leading to increased prospect numbers acquired through the channel.
- Using the full portfolio of YouTube’s promotional tools to actively drive prospect acquisition.
- Setting best practice standards and ensuring these are shared and adopted by all local marketing teams.
- Working with external agencies on annual audits or special channel projects, being the go to contact between agency and business.
- Acting as YouTube ambassador, clearly outlining the channel’s potential and importance for client acquisition as well as brand visibility, driving future channel buy-in and investment.
- Ensuring that performance analysis and reporting for the company's YouTube channels is provided and re-fined on an ongoing basis, including competitor analysis.
- Communicating progress and performance updates across all business levels, including senior management.
- Proven track record of building up YouTube as an organic acquisition channel in a digitally focused organisation, having increased subscriber, engagement and acquisition results
- Experience in creating data-driven, prioritised roadmaps of tactics that lead to high channel growth
- Superb briefing skills, translating creative ideas into clear briefs for content, video and design teams
- Track record of identifying growth opportunities through data and trend analysis
- Full understanding of the current global digital landscape outside of YouTube, including relevant online locations for popular video sharing sites and popular social networks
- Ability to continuously demonstrate innovation and initiative and translate these into growth strategies and tactics
- Proven ability in communication of roadmap delivery across different business levels
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Very organised with good prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines