It's important to never turn up to an interview unprepared. While there is no way to predict exactly what you will be asked in an interview, the following are almost guaranteed in most job interviews.
So don't get hit with a curveball question from your interview, do your research and spend some time thinking about how you would give your answers to the following common interview questions.
- What made you apply for this particular position?
- Tell me about yourself…
- Can you describe for me one or two of your most important accomplishments?
- Describe your current role for me...
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What’s important to you in a company, and what things do you look for in a new organisation?
- Starting with your last job, tell me about your achievements that were recognized by your manager?
- What things you would like to avoid in a job? Why?
- What would you say is the most important thing you are looking for in a job?
- What were some of the things about your last job that you found most difficult to do?
- What are some things you particularly liked about your last job?
- How do you feel about the way you were managed?
- What is your long-term career objective?
- What kind of job do you see yourself doing 3-5 years from now?
- What do you feel you need to develop in terms of skill & knowledge to be ready for that opportunity?
- What kind of things do you feel most confident doing?
- How would you describe yourself as a person?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievements to date? Why?
- What things frustrate you the most? How do you usually cope with them?
- Can you think of a problem you’ve encountered when the old solutions didn't work & you came up with a new one?
- What was your most difficult decision in the last six months? What made it difficult?
- How do you go about making an important decision?
- Tell me specifically what you like to do outside of work?
- How do you keep up with what's going on in your industry?
- What approach do you take in getting your co-workers to accept your ideas?
- How would you describe your basic leadership style? Give specific examples of how you practice this?
- What/who has been the most important event/person in your own self-development?
- What kind of books & publications do you read?
Looking for more advice? Chat to one of our recruiters!